1) We recognise that discrimination is unacceptable and although equality of opportunity has been a long standing feature of our employment practices and procedure, we have made the decision to adopt a formal equal opportunities policy. Breaches of the policy will lead to disciplinary proceedings and, if appropriate, disciplinary action.
2) The aim of the policy is to ensure no job applicant, employee or worker is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, political opinion or affiliation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.
3) We will ensure that the policy is circulated to any agencies responsible for our recruitment and a copy of the policy will be made available for all employees and made known to all applicants for employment.
4) We will maintain a neutral working environment in which no employee or worker feels under threat or intimidated.
5) Promotion and advancement will be made on merit and all decisions relating to this will be made within the overall framework and principles of this policy.
6) Job Descriptions, where used, will be revised to ensure that they are in line with our equal opportunities policy. Job requirements will be reflected accurately in any personnel specifications.
7) We will adopt a consistent, non-discriminatory approach to the advertising of vacancies.
8) We will not confine our recruitment to areas of media sources which provide only, or mainly, applicants of a particular group.
9) All applicants who apply for jobs with us will receive fair treatment and will be considered solely on the ability to do the job.
10) Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the job and will not be of a discriminatory nature.