EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
1) We recognise that discrimination is unacceptable and although equality of opportunity has been a long standing feature of our employment practices and procedure, we have made the decision to adopt a formal equal opportunities policy. Breaches of the policy will lead to disciplinary proceedings and, if appropriate, disciplinary action.
2) The aim of the policy is to ensure no job applicant, employee or worker is discriminated against either directly or indirectly on the grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, political opinion or affiliation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or disability.
3) We will ensure that the policy is circulated to any agencies responsible for our recruitment and a copy of the policy will be made available for all employees and made known to all applicants for employment.
4) We will maintain a neutral working environment in which no employee or worker feels under threat or intimidated.
5) Promotion and advancement will be made on merit and all decisions relating to this will be made within the overall framework and principles of this policy.
6) Job Descriptions, where used, will be revised to ensure that they are in line with our equal opportunities policy. Job requirements will be reflected accurately in any personnel specifications.
7) We will adopt a consistent, non-discriminatory approach to the advertising of vacancies.
8) We will not confine our recruitment to areas of media sources which provide only, or mainly, applicants of a particular group.
9) All applicants who apply for jobs with us will receive fair treatment and will be considered solely on the ability to do the job.
10) Interview questions will be related to the requirements of the job and will not be of a discriminatory nature.
SMR product is widely accepted and used within the industry as a practical and high quality Structural Material for Reinstatement that is safe to use in a host of situations and environments.
SMR(UK) takes Health & Safety seriosuly so for full details please click on the link below and download our latest Health & Safety policy document.
We process personal data relating to customers/clients. We do this for contractual purposes, to assist in the running of the business and/or to enable an efficient supply chain.
The personal data we process may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
contact details (business address, telephone numbers, email addresses, emergency contact details),
financial information (bank details, VAT registration number etc), The collection of this information will benefit us by:
improving the efficency of the supply chain throughout the business,
enabling development of a comprehensive picture of the customer/client and
how it is deployed,
ensuring compliance with our policies and procedures and our legal obligations,
enabling monitoring of selected protected characteristics.
We will not share information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows or requires us to do so.
Under the data protection legislation you have the right to:
object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress,
prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing,
object to decisions being taken by automated means,
in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed,
claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection legislation.
If you would like to find out more about our data retention policy and how we use your personal data, or if you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold, please contact the DPO at SMR (UK) Ltd.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at
Units 10A & 10B, Norman Way, Severnbridge Industrial Estate, Portskewett, Caldicot, Mon. NP26 5PT
Registered in England no: 03844546