SMR UK Reinstatement Solution
SMR’s Fully Compliant, SROH A9 Approved, Reinstatement Solution offers a superior alternative to traditional backfill methods for utility works.
For projects where minimal reinstatement for small excavations and utility repairs are required, SMR Hand-Mix is the ultimate solution. When added to excavated spoil, it’s transformed in minutes into high quality sub-base replacement – saving time and cost.
For routine utility works and mid-sized projects, SMR Batch-Mix is the ultimate solution
Batch-Mix is provided through a ‘Tip & Take’ service that provides an unbeatable combination of performance, environmental, and cost benefits. SMR has a rapidly expanding national HUB dealer network which provides this service.
SMR UK can provide bespoke services for all customer needs and requirements. Contact us to learn more…
- Yard to Yard campaign Mixing
Testing and Training
- Full comprehensive UKAS Accredited Lab Testing service and In situ Testing with full reports
- SMR Production Training and End Use Operative training.
- Waste management compliance, Permit Assistance, HAUC & Local Authority Representation, Material Specification & Guidance
Plant Hire and Sales
- We offer a range of SMR Mobile Mixers and Hoppers with different outputs suitable for any requirement.
- We also offer SMR Mobile Mixers for purchase. SMR can adapt existing plant to create a complaint SMR mixing method by adopting portable SR Hoppers to any Screener or Batching Plant.
Hand-mix offers several advantages, including cost savings, improved environmental performance by reducing pollution and social disruption, increased crew efficiency, and the production of fully bonded reinstatements that do not require remedial work. This approach can be a valuable choice for construction projects seeking to optimise their processes and outcomes.
- No Tipping Charges: By using a hand-mix approach, there are no tipping charges associated with disposing of treated material at landfills, resulting in cost savings.
No Imported Material Costs: Hand-mixing allows for the use of site-won materials, reducing the need to purchase and transport materials from external sources. This eliminates imported material costs.
- Reduced Grab Lorry Movements: The absence of grab lorry movements reduces social disruption and pollution in the surrounding area. Fewer vehicle movements can lead to a quieter and less congested construction site, which is generally more favourable for both the workers and the local community.
- Increased Crew Efficiency: Hand-mixing can make construction crews more self-sufficient, allowing them to prepare and use materials on-site. This can lead to increased crew efficiency and productivity.
- Zero Failures and Fully Bonded Reinstatement: Using SMR-treated spoil can create fully bonded reinstatements that don’t suffer from failures, in contrast to traditional methods like foam concrete and Type 1. This reduces the need for costly and time-consuming remedial works.
- Reduced Reinstatement Time: Hand-mixing can lead to a more streamlined and efficient construction process, reducing overall reinstatement time and helping projects stay on schedule.
Batch-mix offers significant cost savings by eliminating the need for landfill tipping and reducing transportation costs. It also contributes to environmental sustainability by lowering carbon emissions and diverting waste from landfills. Additionally, it provides high recovery rates and produces a superior quality product, making it a competitive alternative to traditional recycling methods.
- Tipping Costs: Traditional waste disposal methods involve tipping waste materials at landfills, which can be costly. The batch-mix solution eliminates the need to transport materials to landfills and pay tipping fees, leading to direct cost savings.
- Transport Costs: Reduced lorry movements mean lower transportation costs. Fewer trips to landfills save money on fuel, maintenance, and labour, making it a cost-effective option.
- Reduced Carbon Emissions: Fewer lorry movements not only save money but also reduce carbon emissions. This is crucial for companies looking to minimise their carbon footprint and contribute to environmental sustainability.
- Landfill Diversion: By recovering and reusing more than 96% of spoil, the batch-mix solution significantly reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills. This helps reduce the environmental impact associated with landfills, such as leachate, methane emissions, and the depletion of landfill space.
- High Recovery Rates: Achieving recovery rates of over 96% is impressive. It means that a substantial portion of the waste material is being converted into a high-quality product, which can be a valuable resource for construction or other applications.
- Quality Product: The high-quality product generated by the batch-mix solution outperforms traditional materials like Type 1 GSB, which can lead to improved project outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Avoiding Landfill Costs: Traditional recycling facilities typically recover only 40% to 60% of incoming waste. This means that a significant portion of the waste ends up in landfills, incurring additional landfill costs. The batch-mix solution avoids these extra costs by recovering more waste material, reducing the overall cost of recycled products.
To enquire about any of our products, or to get a
FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE
complete one of the simple forms below.