SMR UK Soil Stabilisation
For Soil Stabilisation, SMR UK uses a Proprietary Binder, where large areas of ground material need treatment due to a high moisture content, ground contamination, or where there is the need for areas to be treated and compacted without having to remove material from site. SMR’s In-situ or Ex-situ mixing processes both deliver a cost effective solution.
All the necessary equipment and SMR material is moved to the site, increasing processing capacity, reducing project time, recycling what is available, eliminating unnecessary transport of materials and reducing the overall carbon footprint.
In-situ is perfect when large volumes of sub soil need treatment and stabilising in the most economical way possible, but where on-site space may be at a premium and stock piling and treating the sub soil for use at a later time is not an appropriate option. The ground is stabilised and treated using specialised equipment in one continuous movement.
Ex-situ in this instance a mobile screener with mixing capabilities is set up onsite and excavated material can be stock piled and ultimately treated with the SMR additive as and when required for use as a stable back-fill material.
Our SMR Soil Stabilisation Solution can be used for various applications such as permanent, temporary, remediation, our SMR Reversal Process and as a Reinforced Layer.
- Footpaths and cycle ways
- Car Park Bases
- Haul Roads, tracks and Compounds
- Piling mats and crane pads
- SMR encapsulates contaminated soils ie. Heavy Metals, Coal Tar, TPH & PAH, therefore can be used for the treatment of contaminted land
- Due to SMR Binders not being harmful to soils, we can restore the soil properties and PH values by our reversal process, returning the land to its original state or improved.
SMR Soil Stabilisation Benefits
The use of SMR’s Proprietary Binder for Soil Stabilisation offers a wide array of benefits, including cost savings, environmental advantages, improved construction performance, and reduced disruption to local communities. These benefits make SMR Binders a compelling choice for various construction projects.
- Compatibility with Site Materials: SMR Binders can be used with all site-won materials, except organic materials. This flexibility can reduce the need for external material sourcing and costs.
- Reduced Layer Thickness: SMR allows for reduced capping and sub-base layer thickness due to its high-performing structure. This can lead to cost savings and a more efficient construction process.
- High CBR (California Bearing Ratio): SMR Binders consistently achieve high CBR strength, typically over 30%. This indicates strong, stable ground conditions that are suitable for construction. Likewise, SMR can tailor a binder designed to achieve any desired strength.
- Rapid Curing and Durability: SMR cures rapidly and becomes even stronger and more durable over time, providing long-term stability for construction projects.
- Reduced Material Transportation: By recycling site-won material, SMR reduces the need for importing and exporting materials to and from the site. This reduces the number of vehicle movements, saving on transportation costs and reducing carbon emissions.
- Preservation of Landfills: The use of SMR reduces the volume of waste sent to landfills, contributing to the preservation of these valuable resources and minimising their environmental impact.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: SMR’s reduction in material transportation and associated vehicle movements results in lower carbon emissions, helping to reduce the project’s carbon footprint.
- Less Congestion and Community Disruption: Fewer vehicle movements and a more efficient construction process can lead to reduced congestion and disruption in the local community, which is often a concern in construction projects.
- Single-Pass Application: SMR’s In-situ method requires only one pass, which can significantly reduce the time required for construction, leading to cost savings and faster project delivery.
- Reversible Application for Temporary Works: SMR Binders’ unique blend of components allows for a reversible process, making it suitable for temporary works, unlike lime and cement stabilisation.
- Elimination of Geogrid Requirement: The need for geogrid materials is removed when using SMR Binders, which simplifies construction and reduces costs.
- Non-Harmful to Soils and Agriculture: SMR Binders are not harmful to soils, and their reversible process can restore land to its original pH values and soil properties, allowing for re-growth and ensuring that agriculture remains unaffected.
- Reduced Aggregate Import and Export: By avoiding the import of aggregates and the export of materials off-site, SMR Binders save on landfill costs and aggregate taxes.
- No Environmental Levy Charge: Unlike traditional lime and cement stabilisation methods, SMR Binders do not incur environmental levy charges, resulting in cost savings.
- Increased Productivity and Reduced Program Time: The use of SMR Binders can lead to increased productivity and reduced program time, ultimately saving on project costs and allowing for timely project delivery.
To enquire about any of our products, or to get a
FREE NO OBLIGATION QUOTE
complete one of the simple forms below.